How To Bypass Wifi Mac Filter In Windows PC.Bypass mac address filter in Wifi network with cool PC(Windows) Mac Hacking Trick. The MAC Address is a 128-bit number or 12-digit hexadecimal number that is used to uniquely identify a host on a network. Every NIC (Network Interface Card) has a unique MAC address (Media Access Control). This applies to all types of network cards, including Ethernet cards and WiFi cards. A MAC address can also be called a Physical Address.
It falls into the Layer 4 of TCP/IP and Layer 2 networking protocol of the OSI model. In today’s networks, ARP, or Address Resolution Protocol converts a MAC address to a Layer 3 protocol address, such as an IP address.
How To Bypass Wifi Mac Filter In Windows PC
All MAC addresses are hard-coded into a network card and can never be changed. However, you can change or spoof the MAC address in the operating system itself using a few simple tricks.
Benefits of changing a mac address
Changing the MAC Address can help you bypass certain network restrictions by emulating an unrestricted MAC Address or by spoofing a MAC address that is already authorized.
All wifi routers use mac address as the mode of identification of the device hence if we change the mac address we can trick the modem to get access to its data.
Change Windows MAC Address
You can change the MAC address for the network card in Windows pretty easily following the steps below.
The more user-friendly way to change your MAC address in Windows is via the Network Adapter Properties. You probably want to try this first, leaving the Registry method as a last resort. When you’re ready, give it a try:
- Open the Network Connections window and double-click the desired network adapter.
- On the Network Connection Status window, click the Properties button.
- On the Network Connection Properties window, click the Configure button.
- On the Network Adapter Properties window, select the Advanced tab.
- Choose the Network Address or Locally Administered Address Property, select the Value radio button, and then enter the new MAC address. If using Windows 7, you must use a special format as we’ll note in a moment.
- Click OK to save changes.